The need to strengthen the initative against trucks' fraudulent circumvention of the emission-limiting equipment, is reasoned in the challenges identifying and proofing the illegal manipulation.
As part of the aggreement it was decided that the initiative against fraudulent curcumvention must encompass the development and implementation of control methods and use of tools to enforce the trucks to obay the regulation on limiting the air polution.
As part of the initiative a report was conducted within each of the subjects:
- Mobile Remote Sensing
- Use of SEMS (simplified Emission Measurement System) in combination with periodic inspection
- OBD (On Board Diagnose) as control method
- How the payload can influence the temperature of the emission system
- Alternative test methods used in environmental control during periodic inspection
- Stationary meassurement on heavy vehicles